Thursday, January 15, 2009

Second brunch and counting at Mildred's Temple Kitchen

Biscuits and Scones at Mildred's Temple Kitchen

To celebrate my dear friend Michael's birthday and to wish him well on his pending move to the States, we got together for brunch at Mildred's Temple Kitchen. This was my first time back since the preview brunch in November and the place was bustling.


As at Mildred Pierce, they do not take reservations for brunch, so it's best to get there early. There is a coffee bar set up facing the vestibule that separates the "waiting room" from the dining room, so we didn't see the hordes of people chomping at the bit while we lingered over drinks and conversation. Many apologies to you all.


Salade Lyonnaise at Mildred's Temple Kitchen

I had a dinner plans at Le Select Bistro that night, so I was slightly on the conservative side and ordered the Salade Lyonnaise. It's a frisee salad with small bits of bacon; lots of sauteed wild mushrooms; and a nice, runny fried egg. As usual we also had biscuits and scones with butter and homemade preserves.


Huevos Monty at Mildred's Temple Kitchen

I also got to see the Huevos Monty for the first time. I usually order the Veda's Choice, so I had never had it before except when my talented friends Diane and Dennis made it at their house from the Out to Brunch cookbook. I stole a little taste from Liana's plate and it was delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had the most awful experience at Mildred's!