Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blustery Brunch at Mildred's Temple Kitchen

What is up with this 5 °C on the May long weekend? I braved the wind and cold this morning and finally went back to Mildred's Temple Kitchen for brunch today with friends I don't get to see nearly enough. And we solved the problem of how to have the blueberry pancakes and try something new at the same time: order one plate for the table and share. It worked like a charm (as long as you have four people). Note that the pancakes now come pre-dressed with the sweet and delicious Lanark County maple syrup.



Fans of the old Mildred's have dished out a lot of criticism on their new modern decor, but it's a fresh, clean, and airy space with very comfortable chairs, and the waitstaff don't pressure you to hurry up and leave (apologies to everyone waiting for a table this morning; we had too much fun catching up). And the food is flawless, as usual.

3 comments:

Tonya @ What's On My Plate said...

I had a yummy brunch there today. I had the Huevos Monty and my mom had the pancakes. So great!

Kaori said...

Great minds!

Mike Moran said...

I've dropped in for a drink after work a couple of times now. Nice place to finish the day of at.