Friday, June 13, 2008

I can't believe I'm in Gander

Yup, we're in Gander and are minutes away from departing for the long-anticipated Fogo Island, which the linked web site will tell you is considered on of the four corners of the earth by the Flat Earth Society. We're visiting my oldest friend, Paula who moved here in March and I can't wait to see her and her new home as well as this remote and exotic island off Newfoundland.



Right now, we're in Gander, which we haven't seen much of since it's been raining nonstop, but I did get a chance to have a Blue Star beer (local brew) and eat some cod tongues at the Albatross Hotel restaurant. Cod tongues -- not really my thing it turns out, but I tried them!




There isn't any high speed Internet access in Fogo, so I'll have to blog when I get back to TO. Hope I get to see an iceberg!

No comments: