Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tasty Thursdays: One month left!

I promised myself that I would go to every single Tasty Thursday this year, but the world is conspiring against me. Still, I managed to go twice so far and had some great food.



Kathmandu Restaurant


Momos: I think these are my favourite. They remind me of gyoza, but are made with chicken instead of pork and come with a fiery sauce. So good.


Non-veg meal: I love this name. It reminds me of when I went to India and everything with meat was labelled 'non-veg'. The non-veg meals consists of a small piece of tandoori chicken, chickpea curry over rice, and a bit of salad. So delicious and the curry is nicely spicy.

La Fiesta


Roast pork: This meal came with shredded roast pork, rice, beans, salad, and a potato omelette (mashed potato seared on the griddle). This was a very generous, tasty, and healthy (I think).

La Cocina de Dona Luz


Empanadas: I have a weakness for anything in pastry. You can't lose with these.

This week, my eye is on the Korean BBQ.



Tasty Thursdays
Nathan Philips Square
11AM-2PM, Thursdays until August 28
Menu: http://www.toronto.ca/special_events/thursdays/restaurants.pdf

2 comments:

MB said...

Tasty Thursdays! Who knew??? As someone who has complained endlessly about bad Toronto streetfood - I'm there! Nice blog, great name.

Anonymous said...

the fiesta place:
actually the pulled pork is really fatty and greasy..

the steak is tough but not so fatty (i mean they do bbq it ahead of time...)
try it once but try something else next time i think