Saturday, May 5, 2007

A beautiful day to go to Pop Design

After 7 months without a haircut, I finally went this morning to Pop Design at King and Spadina. I usually go to Red Label Hair in Bloor West Village, but I met Pop Design's owners, Giselle and Sandro, at a party back in November and I really liked them.

Pop Design is a great, funky, unpretentious salon. Everyone is relaxed and friendly and the decor is cool, but unfussy. They use those red tool chests that everyone's dad has for storing styling implements. And even though Gisele co-owns the salon, she washed my hair herself before styling it. I like that. She knew immediately what she wanted to do with my hair, but she wasn't pushing me into anything I wasn't ready for. And she's super nice and fun to talk to. If you're looking for a great stylist in Toronto, I can't recommend her enough.

After doing some research online, I see that their salon is quite famous. The linked article says that they do work for print, television, and runway fashion. It makes me feel like I'm not worthy of getting my hair cut there, but I felt very comfortable and it wasn't that expensive ($70 for a cut by a Master stylist). I think that says a lot about them.

On a completely different topic, I took some pictures of the pond at Ellis on my way down to the streetcar stop. It looked so beautiful in the late morning sun. All of the trees are blooming and the swans are gliding around leisurely. I love our neighbourhood.

No comments: