Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Last Chance to Amuse-Bouche

I was disappointed to read in Toronto Life's Daily Dish that Amuse-Bouche Restaurant will be closing at the end of May after five years in the King West neighbourhood. I met chef Bertrand Alépée and maître d' Sarah Lyons last summer at Luminato while covering 1000 Tastes of Toronto for Torontoist, and I had a chance to try their awesome pulled pork sandwiches with chocolate chipotle barbecue sauce. The restaurant is very close to my office, so I walked by at lunch and saw the big FOR LEASE signs plastered on the quaint facademakes me sad.

I'm going next week for Tapas Tuesday, which sounds incredible. Savoury plates are $10, cheeses are $5, desserts are $5, and wine by the glass is $5. They also have 5, 7, and 10-course tasting menus for $40, $55, and $70, respectively. And they are one of the few restaurants who reliably take reservations through email (mail@amuseboucherestaurant.com). Amuse-Bouche closes on May 31.

4 comments:

Ayngelina said...

I loved that pulled pork sandwich! And they're so amazingly charming, I hope he finds somewhere new

Marc said...

I too tried the pulled pork, it was so good! We'll have to go one last time before it closes.

Kaori said...

That means a lot coming from two of the best palates I know! We'll definitely go before it closes. I want to go whole hog and do the seven course tasting menu.

Olivia said...

Love Amuse Bouche! I went last summer and had an incredible tasting menu on their patio with wine pairing. Didn't know about the tapas menu. Will definately go before they close :(